Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Farewell to Nestware

Many choose to live in Davis because of the “sense of place”. So many communities have lost their center of activity in favor of strip malls and chain stores, you know the story…but Davis feels unique particularly because of the great downtown filled with original stores and places to eat.

Photo courtesy of Nestware’s website

Davis shop owners Lynne and Rosalie have decided to close their gorgeous store, Nestware, after a 10 year run. I will dearly miss their carefully edited whimsical selection of gifts and home accessories. I will miss the artistic displays and wonderful colorful stories. Most of all I will miss the ability to walk in to Nestware and be greeted by two of the most interesting women I have met. While shopping we would often have great conversations, I would leave the store feeling better, wiser or knowing I just had the best giggle of the day.


Thank you, Lynne and Rosalie, for all of your hard work to make Davis’ downtown even stronger! Thank you for your countless hours spent on committees, your strong belief in local business and your friendship. I wish you the very best in all that comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment